With Halloween a little over a week away, pumpkins are sprouting left right and centre - at the supermarket, on Instagram and even in your latte (pumpkin spice latte, anyone?)
But has it made its way into your skincare yet? No? Then this one is for you.
Pumpkin Seed Oil is the plant-based ingredient that you will want to use, not just at this spooky time of the year, but throughout the year. Read on to find out why your skin will benefit from the organic, cold-pressed organic pumpkin seed oil in our Organic Facial Oil.
LET'S START WITH PROVENANCE
1. Pumpkin plants are predominately cultivated in North America, Australia, Europe and India. And due to the celebration of Halloween, they're increasingly being grown in Europe. When you're buying your pumpkin this Halloween, take a look at the origin sticker and see where it's come from. Even better, see if there's one you can buy locally from a farmers' market or organic food delivery company. Ok, back to the seed itself...
2. Pumpkin seed oil is cold-pressed from the seeds. Cold-pressing preserves the ingredient quality, potency and purity in a way that heat-treating cannot. It helps the oil absorb more easily into our skin too. We only use cold-pressed oils in our natural, cruelty free skincare collection.
RICH IN NUTRIENTS
3. The nutrient content of Pumpkin Seed Oil is something to behold; pumpkin oil has many skin benefits! It's an incredible plant based ingredient for our skin, particularly our face, as it's high in:
- Vitamin A - keeps skin firm and healthy
- Betacarotene - a precursor of vitamin A which we need for healthy skin
- Vitamins B2 & B3 - softens the skin and improves complexion
- Potassium - helps regulate the amount of water in cells (along with sodium)
- Magnesium - is an essential mineral for skin health
- And most importantly, Zinc, which helps with the formation of new skin cells and the production of collagen.
4. Pumpkin seed oil is so nourishing for skin because it's also high in omegas 3, 6 and 9. All three of these essential fatty acids are vital for healthy skin. The omega fatty acids in the Pumpkin Seed Oil work together to form the key building blocks for our skin which means a smooth and healthy complexion.
5. The high vitamin, mineral and omega content makes Pumpkin Seed Oil an excellent lifting oil for dry, mature and also damaged skin. The oil helps to support the health and structure of the skin, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and signs of ageing.
For all of its incredible skin-enhancing benefits, we use Pumpkin Seed Oil in our cult favourite, Organic Facial Oil. Apply this vegan face oil every morning and night to clean, slightly damp skin instead of a moisturiser. With all the beautiful certified-organic, plant-based oils feeding your skin with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy, you'll soon notice how nourished, boosted and radiant your skin looks and feels.
So, this Halloween, keep a look out for Pumpkin Seed Oil. With its skin-lifting prowess, it might just be the key ingredient your skin has been looking for.
Written by: Lauren, COO, BY SARAH
All content © BY SARAH LONDON. All rights reserved. You may not copy or reproduce any of the content on this website without the permission of BY SARAH LONDON. Any infringement is a breach of copyright.
Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to receive our latest blog posts, as well as our news, offers and new product launches. Sign up now!