Niacinamide is making waves in the beauty world for all the right reasons. It boasts a range of skin-loving properties; it boosts ceramide levels, keeps your skin hydrated, and even accelerates your skin cells' growth. It's like your skin's mentor for self-improvement. Let's dive into the details of this remarkable ingredient and uncover its benefits.
First and foremost, Niacinamide is not your typical acid. It's actually a form of vitamin B3, also known as nicotinamide. Unlike traditional acids, Niacinamide is gentle on the skin and offers a wide array of benefits. This water-soluble vitamin is naturally present in our bodies and plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy skin.
Niacinamide's ability to benefit the skin is truly impressive, and it's suitable for all skin types, even those with sensitive skin. Here's why we love it:
- Skin hydration: Niacinamide acts as a powerful hydrator, helping the skin retain moisture. It works to draw in water from the surroundings and other skincare products, effectively preventing transepidermal water loss (TEWL). In a small study, topical Niacinamide was shown to be more effective than Vaseline (petrolatum) for reducing skin water loss and increasing hydration.
- Skin barrier support: A well-functioning skin barrier is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Niacinamide plays a key role in strengthening the skin's lipid barrier by preserving moisture, which enables it to protect against environmental stressors. This makes it a must-have for those with sensitive or sensitized skin.
- Radiant complexion: Hydrated skin naturally appears healthy and radiant. Niacinamide can help enhance your skin's glow, making it an excellent choice for combatting dullness and dryness.
- Balancing act: Surprisingly, oily skin can be a sign of dehydration. When the skin is lacking moisture, it compensates by producing excess sebum, often leading to breakouts. Niacinamide helps maintain balanced skin, making it a versatile ingredient for all skin types.
- Plumping and smoothing: As we age, our natural Niacinamide levels decline, contributing to dry, aging skin. No one wants that. Incorporating Niacinamide into your skincare routine can help rejuvenate the skin, making it look plump, firm, and radiant.
Who should use Niacinamide?
Niacinamide truly is an all-rounder. It's suitable for people of all ages and skin types, particularly those prone to dryness or dehydration. The best part? Niacinamide is well-tolerated and it's clinically proven to be safe for sensitive skin.
It's why we formulated the Balancer Cream Cleanser with Niacinamide to help stimulate micro-circulation, lock in moisture and support skin barrier function.
Incorporating Niacinamide into your skincare routine can work wonders for your skin's health and appearance. So, if you're looking for a versatile and effective skincare ingredient, Niacinamide might just be the secret to achieving your best skin yet.
Join our Newsletter to receive our latest news, arrivals and skincare tips. All content © By Sarah. All rights reserved.